lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] autoconf broken in lynx2.8.8dev.7

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] autoconf broken in lynx2.8.8dev.7
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 04:37:09 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 20 Dec 2010, Thorsten Glaser wrote:

Thomas Dickey dixit:

fixed (so it works with 2.13). See

ftp://invisible-island.net/temp/lynx2.8.8dev.7a.patch.gz

Thanks, will look at that RSN. On autoconf, I somewhat
agree; I currently keep some more versions (2.13 original,
2.13 with your patches, and 2.51-2.62, most of them with
your patches in an older version) around and use 2.13,
2.59 and 2.61 for things; 2.62 needs a newer m4 that is
not yet part of a released MirBSD, and 2.63+ need GNU m4,
which we don’t want (because, to build GNU m4, we must
regenerate its configure with autoconf first, haha). I
have some mandatory patches too. For lynx and gcc, 2.13
worked fine all the years, so I kept it at that; our
libtool (1.5 based) works with both so that’s fine too.

2.13 should still work (the problem was a repeated definition, which
confused it, and that was ignored by 2.52).  I wouldn't use it for
Linux, since 2.13's compile-checks don't pick up the exit() prototype
correctly, which interferes with a few checks - verified last night.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net