lynx-dev

RE: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.7dev.13

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: RE: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.7dev.13
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 10:55:03 +0000 (UTC)

Larson, Timothy E. dixit:

>Just curious, and maybe you've mentioned this already and I missed it,
>but when do you plan to cut 2.8.7 final?  Are you shooting for a
>specific feature set before release, or do you cut one every X months,
>or some other system?

I wonder… the dev versions have been more stable than other projects’
releases since at least 2.8.3dev.* so… IMHO lynx doesn’t even really
need releases, except for publicity reasons. There are very few things
which break, such as the UTF-8 stuff in dev.12, even though we’re all
humans and TD has about as much work as I do…

Anyway, the GnuTLS version seems to be a little weird (unless this is
a bug in lynx-cur in Debian):
        $ lynx https://www.mirbsd.org/
works fine with OpenSSL, provided that the CAcert.org Root CA certifi-
cate is located in /etc/ssl/certs/5ed36f99.0 whereas the GnuTLS built
needs to
① # cat /etc/ssl/certs/* >/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
② uncomment that line in /etc/lynx-cur/lynx.cfg
③ it now works with https://eurynome.mirbsd.org/ but not www.mirbsd.org
  so the GnuTLS build doesn’t recognise X.509v3 subjectAltName… I had
  thought Joey ported my code to do that from OpenSSL to GnuTLS?

That was with 2.8.7dev.12-2 from sid (grml.org)

I might end up packaging a lynx built against OpenSSL myself…

//mirabilos
--
17:57 < jtsn> Der 25C3 ist lustig. Deutsche Vortragende brechen sich vor
deutschen Zuhörern auf Englisch einen ab. ;-)  18:01 < jtsn> Adolfs Werk