lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] How to hack lynx so PRINT adds the doc's OWN url?

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] How to hack lynx so PRINT adds the doc's OWN url?
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 18:40:05 -0500

You've all seen this many times, so I top post:

Going back to look at old lynx-dev emails, I have to
ask the list:

   IS THERE NO ONE WHO WOULD FIND USEFUL A SELF-URL
   placed in the body somewhere, eg at the top, or
   even as number ZERO in the References?

   NO ONE?

Thanks for the printer hack, but since I use lynx mainly via
a shell-account on an isp's own computers, directly, no actual printer
available therefore.

Good God -- Just a simple single printf!

How many people would find such info as NEGATIVE?

Then a simple switch, or "o" option, or cfg item -- off/on toggle.

Myself, interesting stuff (articles, etc) I download to the shell
acct, then kermit down to my own computer, and KEEP IT --
or maybe send it off to a list of friends.

Seems to me it'd be useful to EVERYONE, huh?

As a FEATURE, I mean, not some complicated hack by each
person who wants it in effect.   (Man, an "o" option would
be SO easy, SO useful, so easy to do for some items, and not
do for other items.   (Default OFF, I guess).

Please, why the years-long resistance?  Please at least EXPLAIN
why no one finds it useful.

Thanks,

A Totally confused and thus frustrated David.