[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Wed, 31 Dec 2008 20:58:03 -0500
The current version of lynx is 2.8.6
It's available at
2.8.7 Development & patches:
(two minor issues: I still forgot to remove "rw.po" from the archive,
and there's a trailing comma in an enumerated type which will cause
some compilers to warn - otherwise looks okay).
* add configure option --enable-ascii-ctypes to enable EXP_ASCII_CTYPES -TD
* move EBCDIC tables to separate file LYebcdic.c to simplify building test
driver for parsdate.c on z/OS -PG
* fix an off-by-one difference between UTF-8/non-UTF-8 comparisons in
HText_appendCharacter() which would leave an extra character wrapped in some
cases, e.g., in the options menu when field-numbering was turned on -TD
* remove logic in GridText.c for ignoring "excess" characters in a field when
fields are numbered, since highlighting of wrapped multiline links works,
and this feature is incompatible with it -TD
* remove obsolete CF_VARARGS configure check -TD
* modify configure script to build with MinGW and MSYS -TD
* modify configure macro CF_XOPEN_SOURCE to define _ALL_SOURCE for AIX 6.x -TD
* implement a LONG_LIST equivalent for ftp, configurable as FTP_FORMAT -TD
* adapt some of the SH_EX ifdef'd features (TD):
+ extra keypad conversions in LYgetch_for() are for PDCurses.
+ add -show_cfg option.
+ entify embedded blanks in HTDOS_wwwName().
+ treat null file-pointer in HTParseFile(HTFormat() as end-of-file.
* change the phase during which "-help" option is processed, to allow it to
reflect the configured values of the options in the help-message (prompted
by discussion with Dan Jacobson regarding Debian #507083) -TD
* modify havevisible() and UCTransToUni() functions to process UTF-8 input,
fixing a problem saving bookmarks whose title is UTF-8 (prompted by patch by
Takao Fujiwara) -TD
* restore logic in HTLoadHTTP() to strip matching square brackets from host
name and certificate host (comments by TG) -TD
* modify UCdomap.c to work with Solaris iconv and handle additional encodings:
+ if "TRANSLIT" feature (an extension of glibc) does not succeed, retry
the call to iconv_open without "TRANSLIT"
+ add check for any MIME name beginning "iso8859", mapping to "iso-8859"
+ recognize "eucjp" MIME name as alias for "euc-jp"
+ recognize "pck" MIME name as alias for "shift_jis"
+ recognize "ansi-1251" MIME name as alias for "windows-1251"
(patch by Takao Fujiwara)
* add "*.dbg" to suffixes to ignore in autoconf script when checking for
executables and objects produced by C compile (report by PG, for z/OS) -TD
* modify parsdate.y to convert between EBCDIC/ASCII to work on z/OS -PG, -TD
* modify src/makefile.in to make it simple for a build script running in a
separate directory to regenerate parsdate.c (prompted by discussion with PG
regarding building on z/OS which uses EBCDIC) -TD
* add configure check for yacc (report by PG) -TD
* fixes to make configure --help agree with INSTALLATION (report by PW) -TD
* add id.po from
* add a null-pointer check for content type, fix for dev.11 changes (Debian
* improve configurability with regard to pkg-config by adding --with-pkg-config
option, which can be used to enable/disable use of the program as well as
specify the pathname used (prompted by comments by TG) -TD
* correct handling of --with-ssl option when pkg-config is not found -TD
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.7dev.12,
Thomas Dickey <=