lynx-dev

media types (was Re: [Lynx-dev] No rendering of http://www.google.de)

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: media types (was Re: [Lynx-dev] No rendering of http://www.google.de)
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 16:57:51 +0000 (UTC)

Thomas Dickey dixit:

> I've considered changing the default to one of the intermediate levels
> (lynx.cfg or user's types) - but then images probably would stop working for
> most people.

Interesting: I have

  Password for anonymous ftp       :
[29]________________________________________________________________________
_

  Preferred media type             : [30][(1)__Accept lynx's internal types]

  Preferred encoding               : [31][(6)__All_____]

(note that #29 *still* does not account for the width of the link number)
and this:

/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/lynx/userdefs.h:#define XLOADIMAGE_COMMAND "xloadimage
-quiet %s"

Images work just fine for me. (I do have trouble with the encoding with
some (very rare) sites, although I don’t remember which ones because
these are not ones I frequent. Either gzip or deflate were broken with
one, and for one I had to set it to none.)

bye,
//mirabilos
--
Sometimes they [people] care too much: pretty printers [and syntax highligh-
ting, d.A.] mechanically produce pretty output that accentuates irrelevant