lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] SSL in 2.8.7dev.11a

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] SSL in 2.8.7dev.11a
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 17:01:26 +0000 (UTC)

Dixi quod…

>This is fun, I get this with 2.8.7dev.11a (but not dev.8):
>
>[…]
>checking if SIGWINCH is defined... yes
>checking if you want NSS compatible SSL libraries... no
>checking if you want ssl library... /usr
>checking if you want gnutls support... no
>checking if you want gnutls-openssl compat... no
>checking if you want socks library... no
>[…]

Can be fixed with two changes:

• export ac_cv_path_PKG_CONFIG=none into the configure environment
  ‣ it seems to try to still use an installed pkg-config from ports
    while compiling for base; pkg-config is undesirable anyway even
    for ports because it “automagically” picks up stuff it finds in-
    stead of having proper dependency handling
• replace 「--with-ssl=/usr」 with 「--with-ssl」
  ‣ apparently, the argument to --with-ssl is assigned to a variable
    which is thusly tristate (no, yes, somepath), but at least one
    of the CF_SSL checks thinks it’s boolean, checks only for equality
    with ‘yes’ (instead of diverging from ‘no’) and fails if a path
    is given

bye,
//mirabilos
--
In traditional syntax ' is ignored, but in c99 everything between two ' is
handled as character constant.  Therefore you cannot use ' in a preproces-