lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] at www.wsws.org, articles' <p> <\p> don't make whitespace

From: Sándor Halász
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] at www.wsws.org, articles' <p> <\p> don't make whitespace (lf); what html-hacks needed?
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 00:03:02 -0500

It looks like the pages have nested paragraphs (<p> <p>), which might
cause rendering problems:
<<<<<<<<
I do not see that--but I see that in the homepage every "p" has a class, and
in a randomly picked article page none. In the former, there is an empty
line between paragraphs, but not in the latter.

It is, by the way, a quite accurate representation of paragraphs that at
first the tag "p" was a separator, for paragraphs, unhappily, do not nest.
Therefore, I consider the paragraph not a proper unit of text, only a
byproduct of the real units, which are nameless. That nameless unit belongs
in HTML, not the paragraph--not that it is therefore needful to give tag
"p" up, only to not call it a paragraph once nesting is allowed--HTML 5?