lynx-dev

XHTML (was Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: progress on dev.10)

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: XHTML (was Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: progress on dev.10)
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 16:56:56 +0000 (UTC)

David Woolley dixit:

> Conversely, if you get a document that has an HTTP media type of
> application/xml+xhtml,

the browser offers to download it and doesn’t display anything.

I’ll continue to serve all of my pages as text/html while them being
XHTML 1.1, because the former is the only thing understood by browsers,
and the latter is the only current sort-of-sane standard.

//mirabilos
--
Sometimes they [people] care too much: pretty printers [and syntax highligh-
ting, d.A.] mechanically produce pretty output that accentuates irrelevant