lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx for Linux

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx for Linux
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 18:27:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 23 Sep 2008, Stefan Caunter wrote:

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 1:04 PM, Philip Webb <address@hidden> wrote:
I need to recompile Lynxwith USE_PERSISTENT_COOKIES  I'm trying to figure it out, but
I >am pretty clueless here.I use Linux Mint and have ever only installed software
on Linux with >their software portal.You can see a post I made about this at
http://www.linuxmint

assuming they provide gcc you can do this in a shell

ftp lynx.isc.org
user ftp
cd current
get lynx-cur.tgz
quit

tar zxf lynx-cur.tgz
cd lynx*

type

../configure --help | grep -i persist
for the correct option for persistent cookies, or just read through it
../configure --help | more
and choose what you want included

The INSTALLATION file lists all of the options (and the persistent cookies
option is turned on by default - for quite a while).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net