lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Does lynx have a publicly available repository ?

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Does lynx have a publicly available repository ?
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 12:04:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 29 Jun 2008, Sébastien Hinderer wrote:

Hi, and thanks a lot for your quick reply.

Thomas Dickey (2008/06/29 11:00 -0400):
I'm wondering whether lynx has a publicly available repository.
The format of its ChangeLog suggests me that it is maintained as a CVS
repository, but I couldn't find it.

no - it's stored in a PRCS archive (on isc.org), which isn't publicly
accessible.  The snapshots in the current-development area include diff's
(patches).

Are there any plans to migrate towards a public repository ?

no (for a variety of reasons)

To me, this would make it easier for potential contributors to get thee
latest development version and then submit patches against it.

It's not been a big problem - there are pros/cons either way, but the cons outweigh.

I generally work from an RCS archive of sources on my home machine, then
commit increments to the PRCS archive when making the diff's.  The
"LynxId" keywords are from the RCS archive, while the other keywords are
for PRCS (which, like CVS, uses RCS-archives for storage, though the
mapping between filename and archive is obscure).

Since there already seems to be a cvs repository available on savannah
for lynx, what would you think about taking advantage of it and
using it ?

It would increase the amount of work that's necessary for me to put out new versions.

And by the way: although (I think!) I am subscribed to the list, I only
get your messages because you are sending them also to me personnaly, it
seems the copy that is sent to the list does not reach me, whereas I
receive correctly the messages I am sending to the list. Any idea bout
what may happen ?

That might be because of the mail client I'm using at the moment (on "this" host it's pine). On other hosts I use mutt, which treats the
replies differently.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net