lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx windows xp and or vista

From: Stefan Caunter
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx windows xp and or vista
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 03:25:54 -0500

On 1/21/08, Thomas Dickey <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Jan 2008, address@hidden wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Any chance there is a version of Lynx for those running Windows XP or
> > Windows Vista?
>
> lynx runs in XP - I don't have Vista to experiment with.

Meunier version runs perfectly in powershell on Vista.

> > If not, can you suggest a good secure/anonymous text browser for these
> > operating systems?

This is a more complicated question. To the extent that lynx does not
write to the registry and can be configured to not leave local cache
and browsing history around, it could be considered more anonymous
than other browsers, but the real lack of privacy isn't something
addressable by a browser. Your network location and remote monitoring
are unmanageable constants.

Stefan Caunter
http://caunter.ca/contact.html