lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx 2.8.7 and numeric IPv6 adddresses

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx 2.8.7 and numeric IPv6 adddresses
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 20:37:31 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 7 Jan 2008, Andre-John Mas wrote:

advice).  But HTParse.c is the starting point.

Thanks I'll take a look at that. A few questions:
- Are there any VMS implementations that support IPv6?

google "vms ipv6" indicates that it's supported.

This side of it is probably not a big concern - VMS users are few...

- Are there any good references describing the syntax of VMS path?

There are manuals on HP's site (I'm not that familiar with where to
find them).  Essentially a VMS pathname could look like this:

        node::device:[level.level]filename.suffix;1

The parts are optional, e.g.,

        [level.level]   is a valid directory name
        [000000]        is like the "/" path on Unix
        [level.]        is valid too

I've cleaned up most of the checks for string-as-url versus string-as-pathname, but adding square brackets to the URLs runs the risk of tripping over some check for VMS.

Of course "usually" a pathname is distinct from URL, and most of the
VMS code is ifdef'd.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net