lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] How to get rid of colors and higlighting in Lynx?

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] How to get rid of colors and higlighting in Lynx?
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 08:53:57 -0500

071106 Linda L. Hull. wrote:
> I love Lynx.  I get lost on busy web pages.
> I recently got a new computer and my Lynx was lost.
> Now my new Lynx has GREEN and PINK and HIGLIGHTED TEXT

In  lynx.cfg  I have

  COLOR:0:black:default
  COLOR:1:yellow:blue
  COLOR:2:yellow:green
  COLOR:3:green:white
  COLOR:4:blue:default
  COLOR:5:yellow:blue
  COLOR:6:yellow:red
  COLOR:7:red:default

which I have found very readable for some years;
you might have to experiment a bit, eg 'white' for 'default'.
Also, you may need to replace  lynx.lss  with an empty file
(move the present one to  lynx-old.lss
& create a new one with only  1  commented line (begins with  # )).