lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Improved support for SSL certs

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Improved support for SSL certs
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 08:07:00 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 3 Nov 2007, Joey Schulze wrote:

Dear Lynx developers,

I was looking for a way to tell Lynx to accept the certificates that
the package ca-certificates in Debian collects and maintains.

I noticed that apparently Lynx only accepts the mention of a file
containing all valid certificates via the environment variable
SSL_CERT_FILE but did not support a configuration option.

I would like to use a system wide setting since it would integrate
lynx well in the Debian CA architecture.  I hope that this does not
infer with your goals of certification support.

I'd be glad if a new release of Lynx would support this and  thus
sending you the patch that adds this.  I'd be glad if you could
include it as is or modified, as you like.

The patch is made against 2.8.7dev.7.

thanks (on my to-do list - at the moment am buried in pre-release work
for vile...)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net