lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] file size limit for download

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] file size limit for download
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 06:05:52 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007, Stef Caunter wrote:

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007, Thomas Dickey wrote:

...the large-file support in lynx should allow you to _download_ that (or larger) DVD. I haven't studied to see how much work it would be to support the reporting aspect.

The file downloading works perfectly. The transfer from /tmp/lynx* to the ultimate location drove me to hard link something to work around the copy overhead on a system with a different /home filesystem, but that's tolerable, and I suppose configurable with a tmp dir setting.

yes - the copying from the temp-directory can be annoying.
Perhaps we could implement something that adds a hardlink to the target
file (marking the temp-file as "used") if that works.  iirc, we can't
simply rename it since the code assumes the file is still present in
the temp-directory.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net