lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Proposed patch to init preferred-doc-lang from LANG/LANGU

From: Atsuhito Kohda
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Proposed patch to init preferred-doc-lang from LANG/LANGUAGE
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 11:04:00 +0900 (JST)

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 10:05:42 +0000 (UTC), Thorsten Glaser wrote:

> >Then I doubt that English for the PREFERRED_LANGUAGE
>
> Actually, no. The best PREFERRED_LANGUAGE default setting is _empty_.

If so I have an impression that the PREFERRED_LANGUAGE has
almost no influence, then I'd like to know why some auto-
detection of the value (based on LANG or something appropriate)
is not good.

Do you object to an auto-detection itself or real mechanism of
auto-detection of the patch?

Note an auto-detection can (perhaps) set the PREFERRED_LANGUAGE
empty in case it is appropriate.

Regards,                        2007-4-28(Sat)

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda AT debian.org>
 Department of Math., Univ. of Tokushima