lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx-2.8.6 patches from pkgsrc

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx-2.8.6 patches from pkgsrc
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 16:05:57 +0000 (UTC)

Thomas Klausner dixit:

>patch-aa is not something that should be committed as-is.  The
>issue it solves for pkgsrc is that we don't want to overwrite config
>files during package installation, so we install the default config
>files in an examples directory, and pkgsrc then proceeds to install
>it in the place where lynx needs them, if no previous version exists
>there.

While we in MirPorts don't need¹ it, I think you can override it
by specifying make sysconfdir=/usr/pkg/share/examples/lynx install
(that would be ${FAKE_FLAGS} in mirports, no idea about pkgsrc).

Do you still install to / directly (if pkgviews aren't used)?

¹) Since we do fake installs, /etc is never directly overwritten²,
   and I was lazy and did a mv ${WRKINST}${SYSCONFDIR}/lynx.*
   ${PREFIX}/share/examples/lynx/ in post-install in our port.

²) Enforced using Niels' great systrace(1) for misbehaving packages.

bye,
//mirabile
existence.              -- Coywolf Qi Hunt