lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] reset script

From: Stef Caunter
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] reset script
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 18:36:23 -0500 (EST)

public_html is not exposed by the web server, it defines externally visible web space on the internal file system; this is why the URL does not work.

While lynx does provide a much nicer scriptable interface for this kind of thing, it isn't impossible to script with IE:

create a file called 'reset.vbs'

Dim shell
Set shell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
shell.Run """C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IExplore.exe""http://www.peterlue.com/reset.php?reset=peter";

and schedule it. Kind of off topic, but since you are probably not on a unix system, use task scheduler.

Stefan Caunter
http://caunter.ca/contact.html