lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] "can't access startfile"

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] "can't access startfile"
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 22:05:24 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 29 Oct 2006, Walter Ian Kaye wrote:

> OK, this is where the misunderstanding is. Lynx is *already* running,
> perhaps for days or weeks even; I hit the BACK key while disconnected
> from the 'Net, and Lynx gave me the finger and quit. Usually Lynx
> lets me go back and displays the cached page, but sometimes it
> doesn't and instead tries to access the URL itself -- no, I did not
> hit ^R; I know better than that -- and then gives me that error
> message and quits.

Could you clarify what you mean here? There is no "BACK" key in lynx.
Are you talking about one of the keys bound to "LYK_PREV_DOC", or
something else? I don't think that lynx will quit if you do LYK_PREV_DOC
and the document doesn't exist unless you get some type of fatal memory
problem. What you are describing here is very different from the
expected failure on starting lynx with no valid address. I haven't seen
this in my own use of lynx. Can you give a reproducible example where
this happens? Have you seen this on only one platform or is this problem
platform independent?
                        Doug

--
Doug Kaufman