lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx 2.8.6

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx 2.8.6
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 06:07:01 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006, Doug Kaufman wrote:

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006, Doug Kaufman wrote:

Perhaps someone else on the list knows of a way, but I don't think
that what you want is possible with lynx running on Win98SE. You can
build a lynx binary that cannot access ftp sites, but I don't know of
a way to build lynx to be unable to save files to disk. Since Win98SE

I looked again. I haven't tried it, but if you change the default
value of "no_disk_save" in LYMain.c and LYUtils.c from "FALSE" to
"TRUE", you should be able to build a lynx binary that won't save
files to disk, regardless of configuration settings or commandline
options. I don't think you can get the function you want with any of
the precompiled lynx binaries.

yes - restrictions appear to be only on the command-line, not part of lynx.cfg. That's probably because when the restrictions were implemented, lynx generally had only one lynx.cfg installed on a system. It certainly was before the include-feature. (I mention this because it's possible that his goal could be achieved by something that's not compiled-in).

Also (for my to-do list), I noticed that the descriptions of restriction options and the command-line help aren't localized...)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net