lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: GPL

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: GPL
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 15:29:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006, David Woolley wrote:

Then, as I suggested, you can certainly point to some industry discussion
of the problem which is not motivated by the GPL.

That assumes the industry has a problem.  I think it is only you that
believes that static linkiing doesn't create a derivative work.

I see. The industry has no problem because (according to your line of argument), the implicit license agreement is well understood by everyone in the industry, and that it is only those discussing the GPL that have difficulty grasping this distinction.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net