lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Windows Lynx style sheet destroyed after using external

From: gilmap
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Windows Lynx style sheet destroyed after using external
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 10:07:51 -0600 (MDT)

In a recent note, Stef Caunter said:

> Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 10:55:42 -0500 (EST)
>
> I've had success using PRINTER:foo:bar and DOWNLOADER:foo:bar (can't recall
> which, sorry).
>
> Hit 'p' or 'd' on the link and choose your app from the Printing or
> Download Options menu.

But my Lynx, 2.8.6dev.17, at least as I have it configured,
doesn't present either the printer options or the downloader
options menu until Lynx displays the file or fully stages
it to /tmp; hardly useful for streaming, where the server
never closes the connection.

Is there a configuration option I'm unaware of, to select
the printer/downloader before transfer starts?  I can
start another Lynx, with the "-source" option, and pipe
that into my viewer, but that's pretty cumbersome.

> > But I have a handy script that starts "less" in a new X-window,
> > so I tried that as a viewer.  No luck.  Instead, the /tmp
> > filesystem filled up (600 Mb) and my viewer never launched.

-- gil
--
StorageTek
INFORMATION made POWERFUL