lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] unable to access siteminder protected URL

From: Stef Caunter
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] unable to access siteminder protected URL
Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 07:17:23 -0500 (EST)

a quick google for SMSESSION SiteMinder indicates that SiteMinder has an agent on webservers that sets a cookie with symmetric encryption; this type of product (single campus sign on solution) will be using ssl to send a symmetric encryption key embedded in the cookie string.

We don't have access to an SM test box, so you need to provide more details. Run a trace of the lynx session. SM is java on IBM Websphere AFAICT; it appears to all be server side and independent of user agent.

First things first. Is your lynx latest version and built --with-ssl?
Can you send lynx -version and the relevant portions of a trace?

Stef
http://caunter.ca/contact.html