lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] Re: Re: PDCurses problem with MingW lynx

From: Frédéric L . W . Meunier
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Re: Re: PDCurses problem with MingW lynx
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 14:37:27 -0200 (BRST)

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006, Doug Kaufman wrote:

See the patch I posted today regarding this error. It seems to be due to newterm() always returning NULL, and was triggered by PDCurses 2.7 now defining delscreen(). As for the other problem with the error code, I got a suggested patch for lynx from William McBrine, the new maintainer of PDCurses. I haven't had a chance to build a MingW lynx yet, to see how well this works, but I hope to do so within a few days. In any case, attached is the patch from William McBrine.

Thanks, I compiled a binary with it.

I noticed a minor (apparently) problem with nested-tables, which was also present in a binary I compiled yesterday using http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/pdcurses-2.6.0-2003.07.21-1.exe

To reproduce, go to http://www.netvasco.com.br/

Screenshot - http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/161/lynx0cr.png

Notice the highlighted text. No problem on Linux.

I uploaded the new binary to http://www.pervalidus.net/tmp/ as lynx-new.zip.

Yes, it was without lynx.lss in place, but that didn't help.

Maybe Thomas will know how to fix it.

--
How to contact me - http://www.pervalidus.net/contact.html