lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: PDCurses problem with MingW lynx

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: PDCurses problem with MingW lynx
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 01:33:42 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006, Frédéric L. W. Meunier wrote:

> On Sat, 26 Nov 2005, Doug Kaufman wrote:
>
> > While investigating the problem with the display on the option page,
> > I came across another problem that had been present for a while, but
> > hidden. In the current cvs version of PDCurses, the general error code
> > was changed to "-1". It had been "0", up through PDCurses 2.6. With a
> > For now, the workaround is to change the definintion of ERR in
> > PDCurses' "curses.h" to "0", but that just hides the problem.
>
> I tried that, but get "Terminal initialisation failed - unknown
> terminal type?" compiling with pure MinGW + MSYS using

See the patch I posted today regarding this error. It seems to be due
to newterm() always returning NULL, and was triggered by PDCurses 2.7
now defining delscreen(). As for the other problem with the error
code, I got a suggested patch for lynx from William McBrine, the new
maintainer of PDCurses. I haven't had a chance to build a MingW lynx
yet, to see how well this works, but I hope to do so within a few
days. In any case, attached is the patch from William McBrine.
                                 Doug

--
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden