lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx and forms

From: Stef Caunter
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx and forms
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 16:31:00 -0500 (EST)

The APC interface uses an onClick javascript event to submit changes to control the power outlets - most annoying if you would like to stay in a shell, but there isn't anything to do except ask them to put in a real html form submit button.

I am sure many of their (inadvertent) end users are unix admins in ISP colos who find they can't control the unit unless they go to a javascript browser.

Completely unnecessary, as the interface is dead simple otherwise; it toggles the device state with option values. Allowing a real form submit would enable scriptable control for admins.

__Stef
http://caunter.ca/crypto.html