lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx and https

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx and https
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 04:54:59 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 1 Dec 2005, G. Schouren wrote:

Hello,

I downloaded the pre-compiled version of Lynx for Win32
lynx_w32.2.8.2rel.1.zip and have a problem with https URL's.

Before 2.8.4, HTTPS support was provided by a patch to the source.
Starting with 2.8.4, HTTPS support is a configuration option (still
not guaranteed to be there, but more likely).

http://lynx.isc.org/lynx2.8.5/index.html lists at least two sites
having lynx with HTTPS support.

When trying to access https://www.werk.nl I get the message:
Alert!: This client does not contain support for HTTPS URLs.

I tried to fix this starting lynx with the -startfile_ok and -validate
options, but I still get the same error message.

Is there a way to fix this problem ?

Thank you in advance for your support,

Regards,

Gus.