lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Color in an Emacs terminal emulator (eterm)

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Color in an Emacs terminal emulator (eterm)
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 18:04:57 -0400

On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 09:33:14PM +0000, Bryan Henderson wrote:
> >> Is it possible for Lynx running in a Emacs terminal emulator to use color?
> >
> >Is this the buffer in the GUI (X) window, or emacs running with the -nw
> >option?
>
> It's an emacs -nw buffer (on a Linux virtual console, if you must know).

ok (if it were really xterm, I had an idea about the "yellow").

> >I don't see a color-capable "eterm" in ncurses.
>
> Right, an updated entry for eterm comes with Emacs.  It looks like this:

But it's missing a piece needed to make curses (and ncurses) decide that
it's really color-capable.  See

        http://invisible-island.net/ncurses/ncurses.faq.html#no_color

Specifically, I notice that it's missing one of
        orig_pair (op)
        orig_colors (oc)

--
Thomas E. Dickey