lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] Still some display problems (dev.13)

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Still some display problems (dev.13)
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 09:45:16 +0000 (UTC)

http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.1/changes.html

Terminal: XFree86(R) 4.5.0 xterm at 113x42; GNU screen with permanent
status bar inside (leaving 113x41 for lynx).

[...]
      if (d)

        {

          foo (&b, &c);

          a = b + c;

        }

      printf ("%d\n", a);

    }

               The  a  =  b  +  c  can  be  sunk  to right before the printf.
Normal code sinking will not do thi
       it  will  sink  the  first one above into the else-branch of the
conditional jump, which still gives
       you two copies of the code.

[...]

I see this quite often, some things are just outside the screen;
for example, if I had not had "links and form fields are numbered"
I'd not seen the login button of a page once...

//mirabile
existence.              -- Coywolf Qi Hunt