lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.6dev.12 -- CRASH on OSX 10.4.1

From: OpenMacNews
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.6dev.12 -- CRASH on OSX 10.4.1
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 17:32:50 -0700

hi thomas,

a stack overflow.  The likely cause is a problem (I'm not sure what) with
the new chunk of code in src/LYCurses.c at line 1753
(the #ifdef USE_CURSES_PADS).  Looking at it right now, I suspect I see
the problem

fair nuf.

(but it's been a long day).

amen to that!

Try changing the "#ifdef
USE_CURSES_PADS" line to "#if 0", and that should make the stack overflow
go away - perhaps the blinking also (I'd like to know the latter).

=================================
(EDITOR) src/LYCurses.c
@62
--- #ifdef USE_CURSES_PADS
+++ #if 0
=================================

done.

rinse, repeat ...

I've been using that chunk for a couple of months - thought it was ok...

now it won't complete make, which fails at:

   /usr/local/lib -lz -L/usr/local/ncurses/lib -lncursesw
   -L/usr/local/ssl/lib -lssl -lcrypto
   /usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
   _LYwin
   _LYtableCols