lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] Re: non-pkgsrc emacs or clone (fwd)

From: Todd Vierling
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Re: non-pkgsrc emacs or clone (fwd)
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 10:51:53 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

On Wed, 25 May 2005, Klaus Klein wrote:

> Three final points on this subject:
>
> 1) I observe the WWW reference library that comes with lynx
>    already does explicitly add .h to .SUFFIXES; apparently it
>    was written with portability in mind.

That library is a lynx-forked version of the classical CERN-W3C reference
library, so I'm not surprised.

> 2) There's little use in recognizing a suffix that no inference
>    rules are being shipped for.  (What sensible rule would that
>    be?)

There are some on NetBSD, but only in bsd.sys.mk (for generating headers
from yacc files, for one) -- not the default standard set.

--
-- Todd Vierling <address@hidden> <address@hidden> <address@hidden>