lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] next development snapshot?

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] next development snapshot?
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 21:55:40 +0000 (UTC)

Thomas Dickey dixit:

> I'd like to do 2-3 more patches before 2.8.6.  I'm halfway through one
> patch, but more urgent things pushed lynx down the stack (ncurses, xterm
> vile and cdk have gotten attention, lynx, dialog and bcpp haven't).

cdk? Hmm, interesting (that one shows up in MirOS too ;)

I'm busy with all things at once too (base, security fixes,
XFree86, c++, ports...) so I know how you must feel...

>       ftp://dickey.his.com/temp/lynx2.8.6dev.11h.patch.gz

Okay, I'll have a look and take that as base, thanks!

> But you're not asking about a development snapshot, but a release,

No, I'm going with development snapshots.

Of all projects, OpenBSD and Lynx are the only ones with development
snapshots more stable than releases of _all_ other software I've
ever seen. XFree86 is good too, though, and I'm currently playing
with binutils-mainline.

> I don't expect it to change - Markus Kuhn implemented it, and building
> up tables like that isn't something I like to do.   His latest version
> is dated 2003-05-20, and barring bug-fixes, I probably won't change it.

kay, thanks.

//mirabile
--
> [...] Echtzeit hat weniger mit "Speed"[...] zu tun, sondern damit, daß der
> richtige Prozeß voraussagbar rechtzeitig sein Zeitscheibchen bekommt.
Wir haben uns[...] geeinigt, dass das verwendete Echtzeit-Betriebssystem[...]
weil selbst einfachste Operationen *echt* *Zeit* brauchen.      (aus d.a.s.r)