lynx-dev

Re: Lynx as primary browser (was Re: [Lynx-dev] how to maximize client a

From: Seth House
Subject: Re: Lynx as primary browser (was Re: [Lynx-dev] how to maximize client area???)
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 23:24:10 -0700

I also use HTML instead of XHTML where appropriate, HTML will be
around for a long time still. But do you also have a copy of VisiCalc
kicking around to open ancient spreadsheets? The 2.0 browsers are a
decade old, I've never even seen one.

Lynx should (and does) keep up with modern standards, and I believe
that web designers are moving toward more Lynx-friendly practices. If
you need proof hit the new Disney Store UK or Chevrolet websites with
Lynx: they're beautiful!

http://disneystore-shopping.disney.co.uk/store/Home.aspx
http://www.chevrolet.com/

You're right in that XHTML has yet to prove itself, however. I'm
excited to see where the web will be in another decade.

- whiteinge

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 19:16:21 -0800, Walter Ian Kaye
<address@hidden> wrote:
> At 07:29p -0700 01/31/2005, Seth House didst inscribe upon an
> electronic papyrus:
>
> >On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 15:23:56 -0800, Walter Ian Kaye
> ><address@hidden> wrote:
> >  > At 09:53p +0000 01/30/2005, Thorsten Glaser didst inscribe upon an
> >  > electronic papyrus:
> >  >
> >  > >   and be XHTML/1.1 compliant.
> >  >
> >  > Screw xhtml. <g>  I'm sticking with HTML, just like I stick with Lynx.
> > :-)
> >  > I expect both to outlive me. ;)
> >
> >You meant that tongue-in-cheek, I know.
>
> Actually I was serious; the smilies were an attempt to compensate for
> my language. ;)

Ah, then I suppose my failure to notice the bad language betrays my
own poor manners. ;-)