lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] how to maximize client area???

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] how to maximize client area???
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 05:47:21 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 address@hidden wrote:

050128 Thomas Dickey wrote:
On Fri, 28 Jan 2005, Daniele Baggio wrote:
i've a big problem using lynx on small terminal with 21 col 16 row.
Lynx renders the html page without use full client area size,
on the left size some blank columns are always present.

-- comment re hacking source snipped --

isn't it time to remove this rather burocratic left-over (smile) ?
people using Lynx today want to read simple text with a few headers
or access tables & such, which have their own formatting.
it should be at least a config option to eliminate the  3  blank cols.
is that difficult to implement ?

no, it's not that difficult (my reply pointed that out, giving me as well enough context to do that). Probably something like an --ident option
to scale those 3's and 6's into 0's or 1's and 2's would make most people
happy with it.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net