lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.6dev.9

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.6dev.9
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 16:30:00 +0000 (UTC)

Stef Caunter dixit:

>1. it's still faster (reduce ALERT timing!)

Please make ALERTs interruptible. I see nothing wrong with the 3sec timing,
but I'd like to be able to continue by hitting a key. Or unlock the alert
with 'z'.

>2. if you work in a shell it's the best maintained user-agent by far IMHO
>   and lets you google fastest for info - better productivity

Ack. And its HTML parsing is better than that of any other browser,
graphics browsers included.

>5. its server certificate handling with the *nix system is excellent

Hehe... there's said to be no easy way to teach e.g. Mozilla(TM) to
use /etc/ssl/certs/ as hashed dir.

>9. the absence of javascript support is becoming a plus IMHO

;-)

>lynx to me is one of the core *nix apps; the presence of an up to date version
>on a system is important, just like pine or gcc or vi. There is no

I so totally agree, except s/vi/ed/ please.

bye,
//mirabile, adding to the laudatio