lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] application/x-iso-8859-1 D)ownload, or C)ancel

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] application/x-iso-8859-1 D)ownload, or C)ancel
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 12:13:12 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, Thorsten Glaser wrote:

> Thomas Dickey dixit:

> >I visited this page, but didn't see how to find content (not enough is
> >in English for me to understand it...)
>
>    REFRESH(1 sec): [1]http://anidb.ath.cx/perl-bin/animedb.pl
>
> the next page already screws up links+:

oh.  I did get there (and wandered around in some of the pages beyond
that).  Aside from noticing that (ncurses issue) the 8-bit characters
weren't displaying as I'd wanted, I didn't notice anything odd about it.
lynx's trace didn't show any of the Content-Type's as deflate.  (Perhaps
links+ doesn't issue the proper Accept's).  I'll revisit this one when I
have the other test-page working properly, to see if this will send me
something using deflate encoding.

It would be nice if w3m and links+ would make a trace file (don't recall
that they do).  I found about ethereal some time ago, but that's the only
tool I know to use to see what headers w3m/links+ might use.  What other
ones are available?

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net