lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] can Lynx be used today ? (fwd)

From: A. R. Vener
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] can Lynx be used today ? (fwd)
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 17:07:15 -0400

After using lynx 2.8.4 for several years,
I finally upgraded to lynx 2.8.5.

It seems to work, but when I access https sites, I get the message:
ssl error unable to get local issuer certificate. continue? (y):

hitting 'y'  gets past the ssl error and I connect.

This problem never happened with lynx 2.8.4. Why does it happen with lynx 2.8.5
and
what can I do about it?

In both cases I installed the same openssl package, 0.9.7b.

In both cases I installed openssl first and then lynx, both from source
packages.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Rudy Vener