lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] can Lynx be used today ? (fwd)

From: Edwin Davidson
Subject: [Lynx-dev] can Lynx be used today ? (fwd)
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 16:17:50 -0300 (ADT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 13:50:32 -0300 (ADT)
From: Edwin Davidson <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: can Lynx be used today ? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 19:26:18 -0300
From: Edwin Davidson <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Cc: address@hidden
Subject: can Lynx be used today ?

Dear Lynx:

Can a text-based web browser like Lynx really be used in 2004 with web
sites powered by Javascript, XML, ASP and the like ?  A local freenet that
I have an account with (and have had for 9 years) uses Lynx as it's web
browser and I do like it but Lynx doesn't run all web sites that I try to
hit with it.

But I do not miss the popups, viruses, etc. that I get with IE.  But can
Lynx be updated or something to make it run current websites ?  I remember
a few years ago some websites had a 'text only' link so you could see
their site in a text-only mode.  I wish more did this.

Thank you very much.

Edwin Davidson
Halifax, Nova Scotia