lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.6dev.4

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.6dev.4
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 13:13:57 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 26 May 2004 address@hidden wrote:

> In a recent note, Thomas Dickey said:
>
> > Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 19:21:09 -0400
> >
> > * fix naming conflict with AS_cmp() function when NOT_ASCII is defined -PG
>
> i370-ibm-openedition
>
> Works fine.
>
> > * modify HTSaveAndExecute() to check first for result from HTFileSuffix()
> >   before choosing between BIN_SUFFIX and HTML_SUFFIX.  This allows the PDF
> >   viewer on OS X to get the proper suffix (.pdf) rather than .bin -PG, TD
>
> powerpc-apple-darwin7.3.0
>
> If I studied this for an hour, I might understand what you did.
> But works fine.

It took me about an hour to do this (probably my explanation needs some
work).  The code was checking for html, then text, then "application/"
for BIN_SUFFIX, then HTFileSuffix() and using HTML_SUFFIX if nothing
matched.  Reversing the "application/" and HTFileSuffix() checks seems
to do the right thing.

But I didn't do this until I'd been through a chunk of other code,
thinking it might be useful...