lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] Re: lynx-dev a problem of Japanese with 2.8.5pre.5compiled wi

From: patakuti
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Re: lynx-dev a problem of Japanese with 2.8.5pre.5compiled withncursesw
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 00:47:02 +0900 (JST)

On Wed, 12 May 2004, Henry Nelson wrote:

> On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 11:34:47PM +0900, address@hidden wrote:
> > I tested the patch on Linux today, and improved it.
>
> Do you intend on submitting "the patch" to lynx-dev, i.e., have it
> incorporated into the code base?

As I wrote before, I'm not sure whether my patch's approach for
translating between UTF-8 and Japanese encodings is good or not.
More specifically, my patch let Lynx translate UTF-8 into Japanese
encodings using iconv but translate UTF-8 into other encodings using
included tables.  Having big table, which includes between UTF-8 and
Japanese, might be better than that.  Or having no table and using
iconv for all translation might be better (though it may need big
change)...

And there's one more problem that we may not be able to use iconv in
all environment.

However, I think it's not so bad idea to introduce a new configure
option like --enable-exp-JapaneseUTF8-support.
--
Takeshi Hataguchi
E-mail: address@hidden