lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: lynx-dev a problem of Japanese with 2.8.5pre.5 compil

From: Atsuhito Kohda
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: lynx-dev a problem of Japanese with 2.8.5pre.5 compiled withncursesw
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 17:08:06 +0900 (JST)

From: address@hidden
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Re: lynx-dev a problem of Japanese with 2.8.5pre.5 compiled
withncursesw
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 22:38:34 +0900 (JST)

> > I tested the above patch with my Debian GNU/Linux system
> > but I couldn't see any improvement ;-)
>
> Please try again using libiconv instead of glibc's iconv.

Yes, it worked incredibly fine with libiconv instead of
glibc's iconv.

The patched lynx (2.8.6dev.3) displays correctly pages
of normal Japanese encodings (EUC-JP etc.) and also
pages of UTF-8 continuously (that is, without changing
any settings) on kterm.

Only one (but critical) problem is that installing libiconv
in a system with glibc (like Linux) might be very hard and
dangerous.

Isn't there any chance of a patch which could work with glibc's
iconv?

Regards,                        2004-5-11(Tue)

 Atsuhito Kohda <address@hidden>
 Department of Math., Univ. of Tokushima