lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] telnet segfaults

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] telnet segfaults
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 20:18:58 -0400

On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 05:57:20AM -0300, Frdric L. W. Meunier wrote:
> With 2.8.5rel.1. Tested with my binary and the one that's in
> Slackware -current.

The immediate cause is a missing null-pointer check in HTQuoteParameter.
Testing just the binaries, I see pre.3 work, but pre.4 fail.  The reason
was that (for the tar/pax/ustar changes) I rewrote HTAddParam() to ensure
that its parameter was quoted, and missed that.

Now I have this function beginning as shown (and yes, I'll add that to
a rel.2 patch):

PUBLIC char *HTQuoteParameter ARGS1(
    CONST char *,       parameter)
{