lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] Problem accessing www.newsweek.com

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Problem accessing www.newsweek.com
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 23:16:25 -0800 (PST)

After a report by a user on BLIND-L of problems accessing
www.newsweek.com, I have tried to access that site many times.
Usually I get the page without problems, but about one time out of
4 or 5 I get what appears to be garbage characters on the screen.
The site seems to always send the page gzip'd. I wonder if this is
a server problem, sometimes sending improperly compressed data,
or whether it is a lynx problem. Can someone else try and see
if you see the same problem? The URL (which gets redirected) is
"http://www.newsweek.com/";.
                      Doug

--
Doug Kaufman