lynx-dev

Re: mailing-list problem (Was Re: lynx-dev What happened to MINGW patch?

From: Frédéric L . W . Meunier
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 21:06:32 -0200

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Thomas Dickey wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Doug Kaufman wrote:
>
> > Supposedly, if you are not a member of lynx-dev, attempted posts to
> > lynx-dev will be reviewed and forwarded to the list if appropriate.
> > I don't know, however, who is taking the time to wade through all
> > the spam to find an occasional legitimate post from a non-member. I
> > suspect that most of them are getting lost.
>
> I gather that on savannah they're using spamassassin.  However, the lists
> can still be moderated.

And I guess they're also blocking all those worms.
SourceForge is blocking .zip as attachment ATM.

I don't know if you received
http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month022004/msg00086.html ,
but it was addressed to lynx-dev. Gmane doesn't have it
archived.

> bug-ncurses is moderated, and gets a handful of items each
> day to filter out.  autoconf and automake apparently aren't -
> and I have to reenable my subscription to each about once a
> week (whenever there's spam that gets onto the list).  So if
> we go that way, the list does need a moderator.

It needs at least 3 moderators, so we don't have problems if
one or two go out for days, weeks...

I'm willing to be one. I'm one of smartmontools and a few
others. I recovered my Savannah password and used a form asking
Bob to join the project (just in case he isn't following
lynx-dev and his e-mail isn't valid).

--
How to contact me - http://www.pervalidus.net/contact.html