lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev calling lynx from xterm

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev calling lynx from xterm
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 10:18:37 +0900

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 05:06:08PM -0500, Harland Christofferson wrote:
> COLUMNS=163 LINES=80 lynx -cmd_script=myscript -term=vt100 www.someurl.
> com > output.txt                               |||||||||||
>
> but it is as if the aforementioned environment variables are set
> to very small values as most of the data is missing from the piped
> output file (is like using lynx w/ a very small xterm window.
>
> how may i run lynx and spoof the COLUMNS and LINES environment variable

Tom will be able to give you the correct answer, but my GUESS would be
that you are overriding any information Lynx has about your terminal
by telling it you are on "vt100".  Maybe you have "vt100-w" already,
or you could write/compile a custom terminal description file with the
columns and lines you want.

__Henry