lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev What happened to MINGW patch?

From: Frédéric L . W . Meunier
Subject: Re: lynx-dev What happened to MINGW patch?
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 02:56:30 -0200 (BRST)

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004, Doug Kaufman wrote:

> The main problem with the binary is the inability to break
> out of a hung connection without closing the browser. I see
> the same thing with the Cygwin port. (I am talking about when
> the status line says something like "Making http connection
> to ... Waiting for reply", but the reply never comes.) It is
> hard to compare until it can compile and different people can
> try it out.

I thought it'd work with --enable-nsl-fork (from INSTALLATION:
"Disabled by default, this allows interruption of NSL requests,
so that `z' will stop the `look-up' phase of a connection.")
but I also noticed it never did for me on Windows. Or is the
option just for "Looking up..." ?

But you wrote "the reply never comes". Isn't there a timeout ?
I'm not sure I ever had to kill it.

Thomas, "looked good for 5.4 release for upload to ftp.gnu.org
(but see above)" wasn't enough...

http://zie.pg.gda.pl/mailman/pipermail/cvs-commit/2004-January/005241.html
http://fresh.t-systems-sfr.com/linux/src/ncurses-5.4.tar.gz
http://fresh.t-systems-sfr.com/linux/src/.warix/ncurses-5.4.tar.gz.html