lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev What happened to MINGW patch?

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev What happened to MINGW patch?
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 20:05:23 -0800 (PST)

AOn Sun, 1 Feb 2004, Thomas Dickey wrote:

> I made a quick try at this a few hours ago, but the script didn't get
> anywhere - couldn't link.  That's using just the cygwin packages.  Is
> there any documentation on building mingw binaries on cygwin?

I don't think that there is much. The mingw project has been moving
away from using cygwin with -mno-cygwin and is using msys with their
own set of binaries (including their own gcc) in an independent
directory. I just didn't want to set up another separate compiling
environment, so I did it the old fashioned way. If you do a test
compile with cygwin's gcc -mno-cygwin -v on a blank ".c" file, you can
see the different set of specs it uses. Since the idea is to have a
binary which isn't dependent on cygwin1.dll, all the libraries that
are linked also need to be compiled as mingw libraries rather than
cygwin libraries.

> That's address@hidden

That's Victor Schneider, if I recall. He hasn't posted to the list in
some time.
                             Doug

--
Doug Kaufman