lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Segfault in latest lynx

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Segfault in latest lynx
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 18:38:26 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003, Ilya Zakharevich wrote:

> I got two segfaults in the most recent available lynx (all the public
> patches applied).  One IMO happens in table-logic, so it is my
> responsibility to fix it (as well as recently reported visual clutter).
>
> The other gets "unexpected network error" message on older lynxes, so
> it should not be my fault.  ;-)  This is from "messages page" of older lynx:
>
>    24. Alert!: Unable to access document.
>    23. Can't Access `http://www.cemi.rssi.ru/cyrtug/koi/news.htm'
>    22. Alert!: Unexpected network read error; connection aborted.
>    21. HTTP request sent; waiting for response.
>    20. Sending HTTP request.

I can reach this url with my copy of dev.16 and 2.8.4rel.1 - perhaps it's
intermittant, or depends on the route?

> Hope this helps,
> Ilya
>
> P.S.  Sorry for being slow with patching known problems in table logic...

I'm slow, too (though I'm spending as much time, my progress on various
programs has slowed - partly because the analysis takes more time).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net