lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx help site is now a porn site (cf. trill-home.com --> s

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx help site is now a porn site (cf. trill-home.com --> subir.com)
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 16:23:01 -0400

On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 07:21:27PM +0000, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> I've got another one for dev.18 ;-)
>
> | <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?> $insert_any_html_code_here
> together with unknown/default charset set to UTF-8 and no meta http-equiv
> in the HTML code makes lynx still think the XHTML file is utf-8, because it
> doesn't parse the XML header.

ah - 2.8.6dev.1 (that would be a new feature, not a fix to an existing one)

> A solution would be:
>  - check for http-meta-equiv, http transport header (as before)
>  - if still no charset given, check for xml header
>  - go use the default logic (as before)
>
> >on last night is taking some time (reading a large file into a textarea
> >after a
> >^X-e overwrites some data structure, perhaps related to the memory pool
> >changes
> >from last winter).  There are also a handful of bug reports for the
>
> Ah cool, you got it.

yes - it's also dependent on having the links numbered.  I broke it by reading
your
ssl.certs.shar file (1700-odd lines), and there are a couple of places in the
code
that fail after that.  I haven't isolated what's being overrun, yet.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://dickey.his.com