lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev: Yahoo mail and lynx w32 ssl

From: Jacques Jamain
Subject: Re: lynx-dev: Yahoo mail and lynx w32 ssl
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 21:40:49 +0100

 Hi Thomas,

Sat, 23 Aug 2003 14:10:59 -0400
 -- Thomas Dickey <address@hidden> écrivait (wrote):
>On Sat, Aug 23, 2003 at 05:46:21PM +0100, Jacques Jamain wrote:
>>      Is that diagnostic correct and if yes is there any means to fake
>>      the user agent header?
>
>There's a field in the options-menu which can do this.

  Yes, as it is marked as not saved on disk,  I was thinking  that it
  cannot be changed, but I saw  that the modification is valuable for
  the session. Thanks for the tip.
  Unfortunatly my diagnostic was wrong.
  Reproducing the whole Lynx OS2 user agent header in the Lynx w32_ssl
  doesn't allow to sign in to yahoo mail.
   (Lynx/2.8.4dev.20 libwww-FM/2.14 SSL-MM/1.4.1 OpenSSL/0.9.6a)
  So, I'm now without any idea and can't understand where the problem is.
  Any suggestion?

>> PS: in searching help in the Lynx online help i found some obsolete
>>     links
>>
>>   Lynx Information ->
>>     <http://lynx.browser.org>
>
>if it's on lynx.browser.org, there's little I can do about it.
>I'm removing all references to that site for the next patch.

 No, the online help url is the following:
 <http://lynx.isc.org/release/lynx2-8-3/lynx_help/lynx_help_main.html>

 Thanks again for your help.
 Regards

--